Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention suggests 10 tips to improve your self-esteem and live free of beauty stereotypes. Recognize your qualities are beneficial so that you feel happy with yourself and the people around you. Do not wait more! And start loving you.
- Put a sign in the mirror that says: “I am beautiful inside and out.”
- Make a list of 10 positive things about yourself. Add often more qualities to your list.
- Look for beauty in the world and in yourself.
- Find an exercise that you enjoy doing regularly. Exercise to be healthy and strong.
- Relate to people who recognize your strength and inner beauty.
- Think about the things you could do with the time and energy you use to worry about your appearance.
- Every night, when you go to sleep, tell your body how much you appreciate it and how much you thank it for having helped you to do so many things during the day.
- Be friends with your body.
- Make a list of all the people you admire: the people who have helped you in your life, your community or the world and analyze if their appearance was important to the success you have.
- Every morning when you get up, thank you for the rest that will allow you to enjoy each day.
Remember that the key to see you and feel better is to accept you as you are. If there is something you do not like about your body, there are always ways to correct it, without risking your health; you are the most important. Take care and love yourself!