Kenya is now strategically operating two flights between New York City and Nairobi City in USA and Nairobi respectively.
A maiden flight was made on 29th October when flight KQ002 left for New York, flight KQ003 will be in for a return leg.
Here are some facts you need to know about the two planes which will be tasked to connect Kenya and USA.
- Flight KQ002 and KQ003 are all Boeing B787-8 Dreamliners which are massive in size and capacity.
- Each plane is being controlled by four pilots and 13 attendants who are in charge of 234 passengers – 30 in Business Class.
- The massive planes each way 85 tonnes with loaded fuel while in air
- The planes will overhaul a distance of more than 11800 km between the two major cities with a maximum duration of 15 hours.
- The return tickets go from $2,499 (Ksh.249,900) in business class and economy starts from $869 (Ksh.86,900)