Speaking before a mass of a large group of people and trying to sway and persuade them to his vices can be a very daunting activity for the young generation especially is you are not a naturally born orator and sometimes proven hard for some young leader.
But here are some easy ways to move your crowd near yourself and tell them your ideas.
- Don’t talk right away as you speak on the stage as this communicate some sense of fear and insecurity. Only move on the stage when trying to demonstrate something
- Always show up to give than to take. Always talk to inspire and teach new ideas than only getting followers or buyers for your own interest
- Make eye contact with the audience one by one because scanning and panning disconnects you from the whole audience
- Speak unusually slowly as the audience are understanding and patient enough to hang on each of your word than just rushing and speaking so fast than your audience can understand.
- Ignore the naysayers and just focus on your supporters. Ignore those who are not in your favor.
- Turn nervousness into excitement by ensuring that instead of being shaky and nervous with pounding hands, you are rather happy and excited.
- Be thankful when done this is a nice way to return the favor after the applause from the audience.
By Simon Ingari