The International Citizen Service (ICS) youth programme is an initiative supported by the Department for International Development (DFID) to provide young adults from Kenya and the UK with an opportunity to volunteer alongside each other and join the fight against poverty.
The scheme combines the power of volunteering with youth participation in development. The project will be implemented in partnership with the Kenya Red Cross, I Choose Life, United Disabled Persons of Laikipia (UDPL),and lllaramatak Le Mpusel.
We are seeking applications from Kenyan youth to join the ICS project. This is a 3-month project starting 1st June 2016. The successful applicants will be expected to spend 3 months volunteering alongside youth from the UK in volunteer placements in Machakos, Loitokitok, Nanyuki and Taita Taveta.
- A Kenyan citizen
- Between the ages of 18-25 years
- Able to commit themselves to a full-time 3-month volunteering project away from their home town
- Have leadership ability demonstrated through their participation in community initiatives
- Have the ability to communicate clearly in English
- Have a passion for volunteering
- Able to submit originals and copies of their Kenyan Identity card, Certificate of Good Conduct and academic certificates when required
Applications not accompanied by a duly completed application will not be accepted.
Please quote the reference number ICSVOLOS/ 16 on the EMAIL SUBJECT LINE
VSO Kenya, an equal opportunity organization, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
VSO Kenya does not charge application fees for positions advertised.
- Please Quote The Reference Number ICSVOLOS/ 16 On The EMAIL SUBJECT LINE
- Recruiting International Citizen Service (ICS) Volunteers
- Closing Date: 27 April, 2016
- Interview Date: 4 – 6 May, 2016.
- Duration Of Project: 3 Months
By Simon Etemesi