Former Technical University of Kenya student leader, Eddie Obwaka was caught red handed by police detectives trying to extort sh. 2 million bribe by impersonating Immigration Office
Obwaka was arrested alongside other three suspects who were identified as
Chief Inspector Kennedy Omondi , Stanilus Otieno and Boniface Omengi
The Directorate of Criminal Investigation said that the four had confiscated the victim’s passport and other key documents
The suspects were going to collect the Sh.2M bribe before they were arrested.
A pistol and ammunition were recovered while other two suspects escaped from the jaws of police force.
Quick facts about Eddie Obwaka Makokha
- He studied Msc. information and Knowledge management in business intelligence and Knowledge management between 2016 – 2018 from
The Technical University of Kenya
- Between 2011-2015, he obtained a degree from The Technical University of Kenya in BSC. information science in information and Knowledge management with a second class honors upper division
- He served as a school rep for The School of Social and Technology Studies in 2013/14
- In 2014, he was vying to be TUK’s Academic Secretary but lost to John Atieli
- In 2016, Eddie Obwaka Makokha was listed along with Embakasi MP Babu Owino as one of the top 100 most influential student leaders in Kenya