The Council of Governors is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 and is mandated to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments and share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions among other functions (Section 20).
For better carrying out of its mandate, the Council of Governors has established sectorial working Committees, including the Agriculture Committee.
Agriculture is fully devolved under the Fourth Schedule of the Constitution of Kenya (2010), and given its importance to the Kenyan economy, there is need to streamline County activities in the Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries sector for effective service delivery.
2.0 Scope of the Internship Assignment
The assignment shall entail:
· Support in the implementation of the day to day activities and programmes under the Agriculture Committee;
· Collection of information on the performance of County Governments in the agriculture sector;
· Continuous update and maintenance of a data base for all the County Executive Committee Members, County Chief Officers and County Directors in charge Agriculture;
· Support in the convening, coordination and take minutes during the Committee meetings;
· Undertake research work on contemporary issues, analysis of documents and preparation of position papers, policy briefs, and success stories the Agriculture sector;
· Prepare media briefs in conjunction with the other Technical Officers in the Committee and Communication Department;
· Maintain up to date records of all the decisions, agreements, reports and other documents concerning the Committee;
· Support in the analysis and review of policy and legislative frameworks in the Agriculture sector of concern to County Governments;
· Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
The Assignment will be task managed by the Council of Governors Committee on Agriculture, supervised by and reporting to the Head of the Agriculture Committee.
We are seeking competent and ambitious individual(s) to fill the above internship positions.
The internship duration is a maximum of one (1) year renewable after the first six (6) month based on the performance and availability of resources.
Interested persons should send an updated CV with names and addresses of three referees, Cover letter, copy of ID/passport, degree, KCSE, and KCPE certificates only, to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday, 13th June, 2019, 5:00 p.m. and indicate the name of the position applying for in the subject of the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer.
Persons living with disabilities and Persons from the marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification