Internship opportunity open at SFCG Kenya. Apply ASAP
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, our mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions.
1. Work with the Program team to support in the management of the community lead small initiatives/activities spread across the Counties.
2. Compiling work plans and activity agendas for the sub-grantees implementing the Community lead activities.,
3. Attend field activities and compile trip activity reports,
4. Assist in planning of sub-grantee meetings,
5. Assist in liaising with subgrantees in matters related to their activities.
6. Assist the media team in documenting communication and visibility aspects of the subgrantees,
7. Any other assignment as may be delegated
- Approved work plan with indicative calendar
- Monthly Report
- Project Activity trip reports
- For the purpose of the internship in Kenya, the intern will be supervised by the program assistant in the county of operation., who will be responsible for setting tasks and evaluating the intern’s work.
- The work objectives above will be undertaken by the intern on the basis of 5 working days per week, for 12 weeks with any days off agreed in advance with the supervisor.
- The internship will be based in Hola sub-office and Garissa sub-office.
- The period of the internship will last from July 2020 through September 2020.
- The internship may be terminated by either side by informing the other in writing giving 1 months notice.
- The prospective intern is required to have a laptop for ease of operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, conflict resolution, project management or related field.
- At least two (0-2) years of NGO or CSO experience in project implementation or management in Kenya. Experience working in Coastal Kenya is an asset.
- Strong and proven ability in report writing, in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in dialogue, peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Swahili.
- Knowledge of the local dialects in the two counties will be an added advantage
Interested candidates from Garissa and Tana River Counties are highly encouraged to apply.
SFCG will supply the following:
- A modest transport stipend will be provided at the end of the month.
- Application submission to email@example.com by 10th July 2020.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
—————————————————————————————————–Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Application submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th July 2020.As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.