Afyasmile Kenya, a local Kenyan health website, which publishes news and articles from the health sector, is seeking to recruit intern writers.
- Taking notes, carrying out interviews, checking out facts and submitting stories within set deadlines.
- Create contact and rapport with local health partners.
- Researching and collecting background information required to make stories complete.
- Coming up with original news and feature articles for the publication along with original and quality photographs.
- Work on the beats which will be assigned to him or her occasionally by the editor.
- Demonstrate and portray a good image of the health website while on field.
- Able to write original and trending health-related stories: Health, Lifestyle, News, Relationships and Feature stories.
- Diploma in Mass Communication, Degree in Communication, Journalism or related degree from a recognized institution.
Skills and attributes
- Should be competent and have been published by key magazines and newspapers in Kenya.
- Demonstrate a high sense of journalistic skills and abilities.
- Should possess a high sense and nose for healthy news articles.
- Creative and prolific writer.
- Must be hardworking with passion in the journalism industry.
- Should have experience/background in news writing.
- Able to write between 200-500 (words) in a story.
Ensuring there are no cases of libel and or defamation in stories filed to avoid legal suits.
Qualified candidates should send their portfolio and application details to the email listed below. Send sample original story under one of these categories: Health, Features, Lifestyle and Relationships not later than 16th December, 2021.
Afyasmile Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Afyasmile Kenya
Afyasmile Kenya is the leading health website in Kenya. Number one source of health information. We endeavor to support people who want better control over their healthy life. Through our editors, reporters and health experts, we provide reliable, accurate, informative, educative, human interest-based and real-time health information for you.
Visit them via http://afyasmilekenya.co.ke/