Gor Mahia FC, Kenya’s most successful football club, recently received a brand new bus, donated by CS Eliud Owalo through the Eliud Owalo Foundation.
The bus, which is valued at Ksh23 million, is a significant upgrade from the club’s previous bus, which was auctioned off to recoup money.
Here are 10 interesting facts about Gor Mahia FC’s new bus:
- It is an Isuzu Polo GE, MF 1262 model, painted all in green, the club’s official color.
- It is registered under the Eliud Owalo Foundation, which means that it is protected from being auctioned off by the club’s creditors.
- It has a deluxe first class interior, with 2×2 seat configuration, 4 VIP seats, reclining seats, USB charging sockets, foldable TVs, piped music, and galaxy roof lighting.
- It is a 42-seater bus, originally designed to accommodate 62 seats. However, 20 seats were removed to make it more comfortable for long-distance travel.
- Its number plate is KDN 068N.
- It was officially handed over to Gor Mahia FC on November 11, 2023, at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani.
- It has a state-of-the-art entertainment system, with multiple screens and speakers throughout the cabin.
- It has a fully equipped kitchen, with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.
- It has a spacious luggage compartment, which can accommodate all of the team’s equipment.
- It has a comfortable driver’s cabin, with all the latest amenities.
The new bus is a major boost for Gor Mahia FC, as it will make it much easier and more comfortable for the team to travel to away matches. It is also a testament to the club’s growing popularity and support base.
Congratulations to Gor Mahia FC on this exciting new addition to their club!