The Norwegian embassy in Nairobi represents Norway in Kenya, Somalia and the Seychelles and is Norway’s permanent delegation to UNEP and UN-HABITAT. There are currently 34 employees working at the embassy, including Norwegian/Nordic and Kenyan/East African citizens. The embassy’s overall field of work includes bilateral cooperation with Kenya and Somalia (side-accredited responsibility), business promotion, regional political, economic and security policy issues, including maritime security, peace and reconciliation work, multilateral work at the UN headquarters in Nairobi and the immigration field.
The embassy in Nairobi is a regional hub in the immigration field, and processes visa applications and residence cases from 16 countries in the region. The position is part of the embassy’s immigration team.
Areas of work and responsibility
- Process visa applications and prepare residence cases
- Conduct interviews of applicants in visa and residence matters
- Carry out DNA tests
- Verify documents and write verification reports
- The control
- Obtain country and case information
- Book an appointment for an interview and DNA tests
- Respond to public inquiries
- Update information about the immigration field on the embassy’s website
- Issuing visas and travel documents
Please note that the station manager can change the content of the position if necessary.
- Relevant higher education or relevant experience that can compensate for this
- Good written and oral presentation skills in English and in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language
- Previous experience from similar work at a foreign station is emphasized
- Experience from the region will be an advantage
- Must be accurate, efficient, with great work capacity
- Structured, with the ability to work independently
- Must have good abilities to collaborate closely and well with others and to function in multicultural teams, as well as to contribute to a good working environment
- Must be positive, flexible and adaptable
Must be a Nordic citizen and have a valid work permit in Kenya.
Salary and working conditions are in accordance with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ salary system for local employees.
The application can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by 15 December 2022 with the subject title ” Visa employee – immigration field “.
Applicants should attach an application (maximum one page) together with a detailed CV (maximum four pages) and three references. Any questions about the position can be directed to the above email address.
For more information about the embassy, please visit our website: www.norway.no/kenya