The news of atleast 20 top government officials in Russia expected to watch world cup final at the expense of the taxpayer is another recipe of a fresh scandal.
The ministry of sports, according to the Star Newspaper, had recommended only six MPs from the Sports committee to travel under the taxpayers expense.
Sports CS was not aware of the 20 MPs at world and even went ahead to note that his 6 MPs had not even boarded a plane to Russia.
.CS Echesa noted also that they opted out of the invitation because it would have chuffed more than 3.8 million from the public coffer.
Interestingly no Harambee Stars player had been sponsored to visit the thrilling game despite the fact that Kenya’s international form has been poor year in and out.
The officials who were already in Russia by July 2nd and July 5th after travelling in two batches
Expected to travel
- Victor Munyaka (Machakos Town) chairs the Sports committee,
- Wafula Wamunyinyi ( Kanduyi),
- Sylvanus Maritim (Ainamoi),
- Peter Kaluma (Homa Bay Town)
- Johnson Sakaja- Nairobi Senator (Cancelled to deal with trader protests)
Already in Russia
- Cleopha Malala ( Kakamega),
- Aaron Cheruyiot ( Kericho)
- Judy Pareno (Nominated)
- James Orengo
- Millicent Omanga
The identity of other 15 officials in Russia has not been revealed.