Ismael Said Athuman Gonzalez is one of the Kenyan key midfielders who play for national team Harambee Stars.
The player who is a natural central defender, has been triggering several Premier League transfer radars after having a good careers in Spain
Here are 10 unknown facts about this low key player.
- He is aged 23 years old having born on 1 February 1995.
- His dad Said Athuman moved for Spain in search of green pasture where he met with his mum Mercedes whom they together got Gonzalez. His dad played a crucial role on encouraging Gonzalez to play for Kenya
- He plays at UD Las Palmas Atlético, based in Spain.
- He is based suited as a central defender but can also double up as a defensive midfielder.
- Gonzales move to Manchester City failed after taking a couple of unsuccessful trials
- Athuman received his first call from Kenya in mid May 2016, for a 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Congo the following month. He made his debut on 31 May 2016 in a friendly with Sudan
- Said Ali Athuman Mbaga, known as Billy, is a Kenyan contortionist and acrobat, who lives in Gran Canaria.
- Shocking Gonzalez has never visited their homestead in Kenya, he cannot also speak Swahili, even a single sentence. This is because he has spent the entire of his life in Spain
- Ugali and Chapati, are some of the his favorite dishes
- Gonzalez best friend is his teammate Francis Kahata whom they spent more time in training camp