Peter Ndegwa has been appointed by Safaricom to replace late Bob Collymore as their CEO.
“Safaricom PLC board of directors has resolved to appoint Mr Peter Ndegwa as the company’s chief executive effective April 1, 2020,” said Safaricom chairman Nicholas Ng’ang’a .
10 Interesting facts about Mr. Peter Ndegwa
- Before his appointed to the Safaricom’s top brass, he served as a finance director at East African Breweries Limited aka EABL
- Ndegwa made history by becoming the first Kenyan to head a top telecommunication company in the region
- He is also the first Kenyan and African to head Diageo entity in continental Europe and Russia
- He also boasts of having been a boss at Guinness Nigeria Breweries PLC as a chief executive officer
- Before Ndegwa joined EABL in 2004, he had worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Peter Ndegwa schooled at Starehe Boy’s Centre based in Nairobi city
- He grew up in a big family with his dad serving in the Kenya Navy
- Ndegwa who spent most of his time out of Kenya, studied an MBA in UK
- He is married to Jemima, with whom they have one son.
- Check out his impressive CV below