Getting married young is seen as a decision that limits to enjoy the fun and freedoms that are counted in the single.
However, there are 5 advantages to opting for marriage at an early age:
- You will grow together
It is comforting to have a person accompany you along the long road that is to mature. The other will be there at important moments, such as the graduation of the university, the first job and the selection of friends, among other experiences.
It is not the same to be part of all these processes that only listen to them in stories.
- The couple will become stronger
Each goal achieved and each obstacle overcome together will make the couple join more. In this way you will develop a strong and unconditional love, which will allow you to overcome the problems.
- You will take advantage of the time
Being so young and with so much energy, you will make the most of your time. Even if the marriage implodes and the couple moves in different directions, you still have enough time to move on.
- Prepare better for fatherhood
The experiences that you are going through prepare you better for the dream of being a parent. Also, you can take the time you want for it, because you do not go against the clock.
- Less emotional baggage
Young marriages are much healthier psychologically. They can start a life together without the weight of breakups, trust problems and disappointments of previous couples.
What you should consider before giving the “yes”
Getting married young is not a factor that affects the fact of being happy. However, beyond being in love, there are certain aspects that you should consider before taking that important step:
- Have compatible objectives such as the type of house you are going to share, how do you intend to divide the expenses and tasks of the home, the number of children you want to have or what you want to do before having them.
- Take care that the marriage does not affect your goals of individual fulfillment. Remember that you are first of all and if you want to be happy it is necessary that you fulfill your personal desires.
- You must be with that person in good times and in bad times; Likewise, you must be sure that you will not leave the ship before the first wave.
Tips to last
Do you want your young marriage to last until the end of your days? Although there is no magic recipe to achieve it, there are some basic ingredients. Here are some tips that you should keep in mind.
- Keep a certain independence: Allow mutually certain activities that are not a danger to the relationship, but give both the personal space necessary to develop their personality and strengthen the relationship.
- Devote time alone to the couple: It is crucial to find exclusive time for both of them. You must take care of intimate relationships, protect them from the ravages of intense work schedules and separate them from commitments with the rest of the loved ones.
- Commit: Behaving as a team facing the problems to get ahead strengthens the relationship. It is essential to support, encourage, feed the affection and sense of security.
- Maintain physical contact and communication: Keep the levels of passion and communication always present. You have to kiss, hug, meet new and stimulating environments and situations, plan romantic dates and, very importantly, have sex.
- As long as there is love, trust and respect, age is not so important. The benefits of getting married young are much greater than the disadvantages, but only the most risky can you enjoy them