Internship Opportunity Open At Standard Investment Bank
Standard Investment Bank (SIB) is a leading financial services firm in Kenya founded in 1995.
The firm offers individual and institutional clients a single point of entry for Asset Management, Securities Trading, Market Research, Investment Management and Corporate Finance.
SIB is regulated as an Investment Bank (2003) and an Online Forex Trading Money Manager (2018) by the Capital Markets Authority.
Analyst, Call Centre
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23rd February, 2023
Reporting Line: Head of Human Resources
An exciting career opportunity is available for a talented Human Resources Intern to service the corporate and retail segments of SIB.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Offer Administrative support in the recruitment and selection procedures including job advertising, shortlisting, interview scheduling, performing background checks and references.
- Assist in maintaining organized and up-to-date HR files.
- Assist in staff onboarding in liaison with the hiring department, including ensuring Day 1 readiness of workstation, creation of Induction plans and tracking probations.
- Assist in the orientation of new employees to the organization
- Support the administration of the various employee benefits including pension, medical, staff loans and welfare benefits
- Assist with the payroll processes.
- Offer administrative support for all employee engagement initiatives.
- Offer day to day HR Administration support to the employees and handle any ad hoc queries from the employees e.g.HR queries, preparation of letters.
- Any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or Social Sciences from a recognized institution.
- IHRM Kenya will be an added advantage.
- 0-1 years’ proven experience in all functional human resource management areas and in progressively responsible roles, with sound cross-functional experience.
- Must possess a high level of integrity, honesty, maturity, diligence, good attitude, and commitment toward work.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding and application of statutory and labour laws.
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Well-developed people skills, high level of emotional intelligence; excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to develop strong trusting relationships with employees at all levels.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills, active listening, counselling, interviewing, investigating, and report writing.
- Should possess good problem-solving skills
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity to different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and Cover Letter combined in one PDF using your first and last name to name the document with the subject “HR INTERN SIB” to [email protected] on or before Thursday 23rd February 2023 at 2 pm.
N/B Incomplete applications will not be considered