After tactfully and successfully escaping female genital mutilation at a tender age as a girl, Nice Nailantei Leng’ete did not ran for her good, instead she did the unthinkable and returned to fight for other girls who could not escape the cut.
With this act of humanity, Nice Nailantei Leng’ete has saved more than 15,000 girls who could have gone through the barbaric tradition in Kenya.
Working with Amref Health Africa, Nice sought to fight the problem from its root source.
She sought to educate elders in her community, who traditionally could not negotiate with women. Nice journey has seen her efforts by Times acknowledge her as one of the most influential person in 2018
— TIME (@TIME) April 20, 2018
Other notables who made the cut include
- Trevor Noah- Comedian
- Oprah Winfrey- Business woman and philathropist
- Donald Trump- Us President
- Kim Jong Un – North Korea leader
- Chadwick Boseman- Black Panther star actor
- Emmerson Mnangagwa- Zimbabwe President
- Emmanuel Macron- France’s youngest PM
- Prince Harry- UK
- Xi Jinping – Chinese head of state
- Shadiq Khan- London mayor
- Meghan Markle – Married Prince Harry
- Cardi B – Singer